If you get into a dispute with your landlord/lady, there are a few options:
- Log the issue. Note down what happened and when, as well as what you did about it. Keep detailed notes.
- Start by talking to the landlord /lady by phone or request a meeting – give them a few chances to put the problem right.
- Keep calm! Flying into a rage, even if you are provoked, is unlikely to help.
- If you don’t have any luck, write a letter or email about the issue to the landlord/lady. Make sure you follow up.
- Document how you tried to work towards a resolution.
- www.maltatenantsupport.com/about.html is a forum where members can exchange information about problems with renting.
- You might seek legal advice as a last resort…but first, consider whether it is going to be worth your time and money …. or whether you should just walk away and chalk the issue up to life experience.